UCF Center for Entrepreneurial Leadership
Helping Others to Aspire, Create and Achieve
The CEL is UCF’s campus-wide academic entrepreneurship center. It seeks to contribute to the vitality of UCF, Central Florida, and the entrepreneurship discipline by pursuing the following goals:
We promote the entrepreneurial mindset students need to remain successful throughout their professional lifespan.
• 47% – U.S. jobs at high risk of becoming automated in the next 20 years. (Oxford)
• 20-33% – Current U.S. jobs in contingent (“just-in-time”) workforce. (Accenture)
• 75% – Current S&P 500 firms will disappear by 2027. (Innosight)
• 67% – Decline in small business ownership among 20-34 year olds since 1989. (Attributed to declines in confidence and experience – WSJ)
We Prepare students to create value as entrepreneurial leaders.
• 66% – Entrepreneurship program graduates are “very confident” they can create new business opportunities.(Babson College)
• 50% – Entrepreneurship program graduates get involved in startups within 5 years of graduation. (Babson College)
• 27% – Additional income earned by entrepreneurship program grads. (University of Arizona)
We serve as a nexus joining interests across academic disciplines and between our university and our startup community.
• 125% – Employment growth of entrepreneurial regions relative to other regions. (SBA)
• 100% – Net new jobs attributed to new firms from 1977-2005. (Kauffman Foundation)
• 40+ – Co-working, acceleration, incubation, maker spaces, and pitch events/competitions at UCF and in our community.
• 10+ – UCF organizations and programs with substantive partnerships with UCF CEL.